Further to the HM Treasury announcement on Friday, Teamspirit is delighted to announce that we have pledged to support gender balance across Financial Services by signing up to the Women in Finance Charter. This is a commitment by HM Treasury and signatory firms to work together to build a more balanced and fair industry.
Last year the government commissioned a review into the representation of women in senior managerial roles in financial services. This work complements the government’s wider programme of work to tackle gender inequality and support women in the workplace. Financial services is the highest paid sector in the UK economy, where the gender salary gap for full-time employees is at its most stark. The review looked at the issue of unequal gender representation in the financial services sector that worsens as employees rise into more senior positions.
Over the next year Teamspirit have committed to the following specific gender diversity targets:
- 50/50 split of male and female employees within Teamspirit (currently 58% female)
- 50/50 split of women to men on the Board (currently 55% female)
- Maintain gender parity on pay
- Develop our working practices to enable women and men to support their families whilst working
- 50/50 split of male/female attendance at developmental events and training
- Commitment to training on unconscious bias for all our teams, so that the communications we develop for our clients help address negative gender stereotypes
This announcement is part of Teamspirit’s overall commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. Our vision is to foster an inclusive culture that leverages the contributions of associates with many backgrounds and perspectives to shape the strategic advice and work we do for financial service clients across the sector.
We are committed to ensuring equality and we will seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all our business activities. Our goal is to ensure that commitments, reinforced by our values, are embedded in our day-to-day working practices with our clients, employees and partners and will provide equality of opportunity for all.
Currently Teamspirit is:
- Female 58%, Male 42%
- Part time roles: 7% of workforce
- BAME: 11% of workforce
We embrace diversity. We recognise that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge and culture, and that this difference brings great strength. We are proud of our rich diversity and inclusivity but know we can do more.